Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2012



This is the platform where my innermost and heartfelt voice is shared publicly. And today my heart aches and  is sunken for the little children and the staff -- some parents themselves and brave teachers -- but especially the children whose innocent lives were shot short in the community of Newtown, Connecticut.

It's another tragic reality that we Americans have witnessed at the hands of a gunman. A gunman who in America found it easy enough to own a combat rifle. Then go out and use it, not for combat. For the murderous massacre of a kindergarten class tucked away in Newtown, CT.

Today, parents sent their children to one of America's institutions considered to be a safe haven for education... and they will never see their precious babies again.

GUNS DO NOT HAVE ANY REMISSIBLE PLACE IN OUR HANDS, OR IN OUR HOMES, OR IN OUR COMMUNITIES, OR IN OUR NATION!

But because there are organizations out there with loads of financial backup making loads of cash on weapons, we are told that these weapons will remain here whether we like it or not.

WHY CAN'T WE SAY ENOUGH AND STOP THEM DEAD IN THEIR TRACKS? Or how many more deadly tracks will follow in the wake of such tragedy? How many more gunmen will be allowed to take the lives of our loved ones -- of our most precious innocent lives?

I cry.  I pray.  I hold on to my faith. And for everyone suffering from this tragedy, I mourn with you.  I will do something about it starting with this here, my voice. And I encourage whoever reads this to join the many voices that will speak up to put an end to this incomprehensible right to sell and bear guns...THAT KILL.

Where do we start? I'm going to start by writing to our President, telling him we are done with guns and asking him to initiate legislation that removes guns from America for good. You could start there, too. Will you?

May perpetual light shine upon all the souls of those precious lives taken today by tragedy.



No comments:

Post a Comment